Helping you cope
Everyone grieves in different ways and at different times. It’s important to talk with your family and a grief counsellor can also help you through a difficult and traumatic time.
- Take time to adjust to the loss
- Be good to yourself – stay healthy and well
- Know that it’s all right to cry and feel low
- It’s normal to feel relieved if a loved one passes after suffering for some time
- Share feelings with a compassionate listener or professional counsellor
- There’s no time limit to ‘feeling better’
For details of face-to-face counsellors and support groups for all ages, visit The Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement Counselling.
Benefits of a funeral
A funeral offers closure and helps friends, family and everyone reflect. It’s a celebration and thanksgiving for their life and a chance to laugh, cry and express feelings about the person who has passed.
Memorialisation is a valuable and very important way to remember a loved one, helping you cope with grief over time. Our choice of beautiful memorial options in our magnificent grounds gives you a special unique place to visit in years to come and where future generations can remember someone special.